Let’s have some fun today.
As I said a few days ago, I am not a systems player. I do not believe they work and I do not recommend playing them. But I do recognize the fun in playing systems.
One of the more interesting ones I’ve run across is playing hot and cold numbers.
Here’s how it works: I suggest going back 20 draws.
Check out the numbers that were drawn most frequently and those not drawn at all (for the not drawn, you might want to go back 50 draws). Those are your hot and cold numbers. If, for example, a 23 was drawn 5 times in the last 20 games, that’s a hot number.
If you believe in this theory.
Because there is a huge POWERBALL jackpot in play this weekend, I thought it might be fun to run this system by everyone to see what you think.
I do NOT in any way endorse this system as a way to win or increase your odds of winning. Let me make that clear.
In order to win the jackpot, you have to pick 5 out of 55 white balls correctly plus 1 of 42 red balls.
Now, let’s look at the current POWERBALL run and see how the numbers play out.
Over the last 20 draws, here are the white balls that have been drawn most frequently: 5,15,49,51 (four times each).
Here are the white balls that are “cold” and have NOT been picked at all during the last 20 draws: 1,4,8,9,27,30,39.
Here are the red power balls that have been most frequently drawn over the last 20 games: 2,11,17,18, 20, 16 (twice each).
Here are the “cold” red balls that have not been drawn at all over the past 20 games: 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,14,15,16,22,24,25,26,27,28,29,31,32,33,35,37,39,40,41,42.
Take from this what you will. And good luck tomorrow night.
FACTS and STATS:
TOP ALL-TIME WORLD RECORD LOTTERY JACKPOTS (including highest in Europe)
1. MEGA MILLIONS, $390.0 million (2 tickets, in Ga. and NJ.) March 6, 2007
2. POWERBALL, $365.0 million (1 ticket in Nebraska) Feb. 18, 2006
3. The Big Game (now called MEGA MILLIONS), $363.0 million (2 tickets, in IL and Michigan), May 9, 2000
4. POWERBALL, $340.0 million (1 ticket in Oregon) Oct. 19, 2005
5. The Big Game, $331.0 million (3 tickets in GA, IL, NJ) April 16, 2002
6. Mega Millions, $330.0 million (4 tickets, in MD, NJ, TX, VI) Aug. 31, 2007
7. Mega Millions, $315.0 million (1 ticket in Ca.) Nov. 15, 2005
8. POWERBALLWV $314.9 Million (1 ticket) Dec. 25, 2002
9. POWERBALLIN $314.3 Million (1 ticket) Aug. 25, 2007
10. POWERBALL, $295.7 million (1 ticket in Indiana) July 29, 1998
19. Euro Millions, $233.0 million Nov. 17, 2006
21. Euro Millions $222.0 million (3 tickets, France) Feb. 3, 2006
IN THE MONEY:
Tonight’s MEGA MILLIONS is worth $12 million.
Tomorrow night’s POWERBALL draw is worth $154 million.