Euro MIllions is exploding into unchartered territory….for that game, as tonight’s jackpot tops 132 million euros, or about $187.3 million in U.S. dollars. If you are in Europe and one of the nine countries where the game is played, put down a few euros and play. Please.
Here are your top current jackpots:
1. 132 million euros ($187.3 USD),Euro Millions, next game June 28. Game is played in nine European countries, including the U.K., Spain, France, Switzerland, Portugal.
2. $88 million, Mega Millions, June 28
3. $76 million, Powerball, June 29
4. $42 million, SuperLotto Plus, in California only, June 29
5. $36.2 million, Ohio Classic Lotto, June 29, in Ohio only.
Now, about Powerball. In an effort to keep up with, or out-excite lottery players who prefer Mega Millions, Powerball will be changing come next year. I don’t know all the details yet, but I do know that jackpots will begin at $40 million. Also, a single ticket will cost $2 instead of $1. I don’t know how that will go over.
More details next time. I know some folks who run the show, so I’ll find out what I can.